Our Juror: Michelle Carlson
Michelle is the Artist and Youth Services Coordinator for the Toledo Arts Commission. She received her BFA (specializing in Printmaking, Photography and Art History) at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, and her MFA in Studio Arts (specializing in Printmaking) at Bowling Green State University in 2006. Michelle has taught at the University of Toledo, Owens Community College and Bowling Green State University, as well as private workshops for youth and adults throughout Toledo. In 2013, she received the Ohio Art Education Association’s Distinguished Citizens Award for Northwest Ohio. Michelle has served in leadership positions for the Toledo Federation of Art Societies, the Westmoreland Neighborhood Association and the Medici Circle patron organization of the BGSU School of Art.
Download the 2018 NowOH Prospectus HERE.
Online Entry Forms and payment options are under the Participate/Register header. Please use the tags on the Prospectus to label your artwork.
Entrants from the following counties are eligible to participate in the exhibition:
- 16 - 18 years of age: $15.00 / 19 years of age and older $30.00
- Volunteer and reduce your entry fee! Entry fee is non-refundable. Pay by credit card online or make checks payable to BGSU Galleries.
- 3 hours and reduce your entry fee by $5
- 6 hours and reduce your entry fee by $10
You may submit up to three original pieces that were completed in the past two years. All work that meets show rules will be exhibited. Artists of all skill levels and experience are encouraged to participate!
Accepted media include:
- digital imaging
- mixed media
No installations, time-based productions, kits, or commercial work will be accepted. Each piece may not exceed five feet in length or width, six feet in height or weigh more than 150 pounds. Works on paper must be framed under glass or acrylic. Wood frames must have inside mounted screw eyes with sturdy wire securely attached. Metal frames must have wire attached to hangers on each side of the back of the frame. Tape must be placed around the ends of the wire. No saw-tooth hangers or single loops at the top of the frame.
Artwork must be checked in on Saturday, June 30th between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Payment may be made at this time. Register on line by June 15th and you will save time in line!
A 30% commission will be deducted from the stated sales price of any work sold during the exhibition. Sold pieces will be released to the buyer following the close of the exhibition. Work may not be removed prior to the closing of the show.
Artwork must be picked up on Sunday, July 30th, between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. All artwork left after pickup time will be charged a storage fee of $5 per day; to pick up a piece, the artist will need to pay the storage fee. Unclaimed work becomes property of BGSU on August 18, 2018.
ONLINE ENTRY May 1st - June 15th
DROP OFF Saturday, June 30th, 11 - 3 p.m.
JUROR’S TALK Friday July 13, 7:00 p.m.
OPENING RECEPTION Friday, July 13, 7:30 - 9 p.m.
SHOW July 14 - 28, 2018
GALLERY HOURS Thursday, 7 - 9 p.m.
Friday - Sunday, 1 - 5 p.m.
PICK UP Sunday, July 29th, 1 - 4 p.m.
CONDITIONS & LIABILITY
Bowling Green State University, NoWOH, BGSU Fine Arts Center Galleries and its affiliates, hereinafter referred to as “The Gallery” together make the following conditions applicable for all artists entering work in the NoWOH Art Show:
- The Gallery reserves the right to photograph exhibited art work for publicity purposes;
- All art must remain on exhibition throughout the designated show schedule;
- A Gallery commission of 30% will be deducted from the stated price on all sales;
- The Gallery will collect and report sales tax;
- The Gallery reserves the right to reject work that is too fragile, oversized, or does not meet conditions of eligibility;
- The Gallery does not assume responsibility for loss or damage of submitted works during or after the exhibition;
- The Gallery reserves the right to make all final decisions regarding eligibility of the work.